Finals week is over. Summer is heeeeeeeereeeeeee. Thank the Gods and bring out your swimsuits. Now while summer is my favorite season (yes, we do exist), the logistics involved in having a summer without smelling like you’ve spent the day by the sea or burning your skin is insane. Which is why it is ESSENTIAL to have your summer go to’s packed and ready to go. Everyone has their own list of summer products they rave about but, here are my summer essentials-
- A Tote Bag. My current recommendation, ‘Victoria’s Secret Tote Bag‘- This Tote is huuugeee. It has all the qualities of an amazing summer bag and surprise surprise, this baby even doubles up as a beach bag. It’s super spacious and can make your day at the beach super fun. The pink and black stripes make it hard to miss this lil number so pick it up for your next trip.
- The right pair of sunnies. My current recommendation, ‘Sorority Princess in rose gold by Quay Australia’– Took me forever to get my hands on this baby and for good reason. Quay is one of leading brands for sunnies all over the world and celebrities and Instagram bloggers swear by them and I see why. They are so well made you guys and super glam. I could be completely bare faced but if I’m wearing these babies I feel like a queen. They are polarized and UV protected to keep the diva in you safe and sexy.
- Rompers! My current recommendation, ‘this saucy number from Forever21‘- Rompers are so in right now and they make for the perfect summer outfit and can double up as a beach cover up. I’ve been loving this romper from Forever21. It is navy and has the best prints that make me feel instantly in the mood for all things summer. I can just picture myself on the beach, sipping a pina colada with this baby on.
- Sunscreen. My current recommendation, ‘Neutrogena Sensitive Skin, SPF 60+‘- I am a woman of color. And back home we didn’t pay much attention to sunscreen. But as I grew up I realized that Indian Skin needs UV protection just as much as any other skin. Protect yourself from those harmful radiations while you bake at the beach and get that perfect summer tan.
- Moisturizer. My current recommendation, ‘Clinique Pep- Start Hydroblur Moisturizer Hydrant Perfecteur instantane‘- Summer time is a time when we don’t pay much attention to moisturizing our skin but it is even more important. The lack of moisture can cause break outs and ruin your summer. My current favorite is this number by Clinique. It is very hydrating and doubles up as a primer so bid those pores goodbye.
- Lip and Cheek Tint. My current and all time recommendation, ‘Benetint by Benefit‘- I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup in the summer. I like my skin to breathe. And so a lip and cheek tint is perfect. This tint by Benefit Cosmetics gives a beautiful rosy tint to my lips and cheeks and is super light. It doesn’t clog my pores or make me feel caked up and gives me that rosy blush that everyone likes.
- Deodorant. My current recommendation, ‘ Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger‘- Summer also makes for bad BO. Get rid of it by using a good deodorant, albeit sparingly. This deodorant smells wonderful and floral and fresh and keeps me smelling great all day long.
- A good book. My current recommendation, ‘Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli‘- Summer is incomplete without lazing around with a good book. My current read is this book and I’m half way in and am absolutely loving it. I won’t give out any spoilers but like the cover says this is for sure what the love child of John Green and Rainbow Rowell would look like. It reads very well and is a light read that doesn’t make you think too much.
So this was my list of summer essentials. Have an amazing summer you guys. Be safe. Have fun. I give lazing around this summer 5 pinacoladas by the beach.