So, I live in Pennsylvania. It’s the month of March and my version of “spring” involves truckloads of snow. In such trying times, how do you get over the winter blues? Easy. You buy a bunch of makeup and perfect your highlighter game for the summer. If you are even remotely interested in makeup, you will know that strobing is BIG right now. Every beauty blogger raves about it and for good reason. It’s the next step to contour your face and involves highlighting the highest points of your face. How do you think Kim K looks like she’s been chiseled by the Gods themselves? You can find these by seeing where the sun typically lights up your face. The areas that are strobed usually are, cheek bones, brow bones, the bridge of the nose, chin and the cupid’s bow. Now it’s easy to achieve a wearable, glam glow without busting your bank. I am going to use products that I’ve received in my subscription boxes and you can be the judge of the products yourself.
Makeup Products used-
- ALL-IN-ONE 5 Action Perfector- The Body Shop (primer)- shade universal
- CC Cream All in 1 Instant Skin Stylist SPF 20- Lakme- shade pearl
- The Blushed Nudes Eye Palette- Maybelline- In the darkest brown/burgundy shade
- Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow- Marsk- shade your’e toast
- Illuminator Pigment- Naked Cosmetics- shade desert sunset
- Baked Highlighter- Luna- shade Calypso
- They’re Real Mascara- Benefit- shade black
- Lipstick- Urban Decay- shade Comfort Matte
The products helped me achieve a glowy, bronzy look that will be perfect for the warmer months of the year. I styled my look with a peach crop top and charcoal fitted pants, from Charlotte Russe and earrings that I got from India. The look is very minemalistic and yet perfect to try your hand at strobing without blinding someone. The finish however can be a bit patchy if you don’t moisturize prior to applying your makeup. Also I felt, the highlight faded in a couple of hours leaving me with a dewy look that is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I didn’t mind it as much. I’m soon going to post another post about strobing where I’ll use Liquid Illuminators by Benefit and the pressed illuminator by Becca, and compare their finish to this. So stay tuned for that. As for this look, I’ll rate it 3 flash tattoo obsessed hipsters.